Reports to: Senior Editor
San Diego Magazine is seeking interns for the upcoming semester to work closely with our editorial staff. This is a great opportunity for students looking to learn the ins and outs of publishing and gain experience seeing the production side of a monthly publication.
- Are comfortable working with others, interviewing and fact-checking
- Have some writing experience, preferably students in journalism or communication majors
- Are someone willing to take the initiative to get stories
- Are responsible, goal-oriented, have a strong work ethic and meet deadlines
Here’s what you’ll do
- Work on the monthly calendar and dining out guide
- Research articles, interview individuals from around the community
- Attend events and write about them
- Search through interesting press releases
- Complete necessary and daily tasks throughout the office
San Diego Magazine has been in the market for over 60 years. We are a monthly publication providing San Diegans with compelling editorial coverage of politics, current issues, business, health, dining, and entertainment. We also produce a semi-annual wedding publication, Exquisite Weddings Magazine.
Please submit a resume and three of your favorite things about San Diego Magazine to Laurie Clarke at email@example.com. Candidates missing either of these components will not be considered.